Nido Robotics is disrupting underwater discovery and research
We started this project with one simple idea in mind: create a low cost and efficient underwater Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV) and make it available to everyone from the classrooms to professional industry users. We at Nido Robotics believe that scientific research and underwater exploration should be open and accessible to everyone. Our team has had the opportunity to work with some of the best ROV equipment in the world. However, we became frustrated that these ROVs were expensive (thousands if not millions of dollars) and in some cases very complicated to use. Since 2015 we have been working to solve this problem, and today we are ready to share that work with you.
Underwater exploration belongs to everyone
The ocean covers our earth. Covering more than 70% of our planet, water drives weather, regulate temperature, and ultimately support life. To date, 95 percent of our oceans have never been seen by human eyes. We believe that underwater exploration is incredibly important and it needs to be accessible for everyone to contribute.
The Sibiu Nano will change underwater exploration
We built the nano with one goal in mind. Provide a portable and easily accessible underwater ROV that performs well above its weight class. We think the Sibiu Nano delivers on that goal. We have gone to great lengths to ensure a complete underwater ROV experience.
- The Sibiu Nano was designed to be an ultra-portable and highly efficient underwater ROV.
- The Sibiu Nano uses software that is fully supported by a large community and allows for complete customization.
- The Sibiu Nano is powerful enough to handle a 2-knot underwater current and still perform well.
- Low cost means underwater exploration is now available to everyone.
- The Sibiu Nano is entirely customizable with additional accessories.
Sibiu Nano is under a crowdfunding project, so you could acces through this link.